Introduction Forum (required)

Introduction - Shelley Jones

Picture of Shelley Jones
Introduction - Shelley Jones
by Shelley Jones - Friday, 19 October 2018, 4:08 PM

Hi!

I am Shelley Jones and am a TTOC for SD58 in Merritt. I have not been a TTOC for 13 years so it is interesting to go back into the classroom in this capacity and compare the experience to my first days of teaching as a TOC. My undergrad background is History and Political Science. Not giving my age away but when the French immersion programs were being piloted many years ago I was able to participate in the pilot program. I fell in love with the French language and continued to build my skills throughout the years, it has allowed me to be more marketable. I am a reading interventionist and have a passion for students learning to their full potential. I am excited to be taking this course as I have had experience as a grade 8-10 classroom teacher supporting students during their online core coursework in rural schools. I have seen the pros and cons of online learning and I am always up for the challenge! I have been interested in teaching online for many years but never had the opportunity to do this coursework.

When I am not teaching, my creative outlet is cake decorating, golfing and camping. I recently created a 4ft. 3D model of my husband's Harley Davidson for his birthday.

Picture of Nick Kzanoski
Re: Introduction - Shelley Jones
by Nick Kzanoski - Friday, 19 October 2018, 5:14 PM

Shelley,

It was good to meet you today. I hope to see you at SCIDES again.

Nick

Picture of Randy LaBonte
Re: Introduction - Shelley Jones
by Randy LaBonte - Sunday, 21 October 2018, 2:37 PM

Hi, Shelley.  I am just catching up now that I am settled in the iNACOL Symposium and my morning presentation is done.

A 3-D model of your husband's bike - wow!!  I too have cruiser - Yamaha vStar - but I only have pictures of it :-(

It was great to meet with the team Friday and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

I look forward to following the SCIDE's team as you all work in the course.  I am also excited to see where our time together will lead us all - hopefully to informed practices and strategies that being together will unearth and/or foster us to create.

Randy